Zaripov R.M., Masalimov R.B.
Stress-strain state of an underwater offshore oil pipeline taking into account changes in ground conditions and operating parameters.
Multiphase Systems. 18 (2023) 1. 17–26 (in Russian).
Stress-strain state of an underwater offshore oil pipeline taking into account changes in ground conditions and operating parameters
∗Mavlyutov Institute of Mechanics of UFRC RAS, Ufa, Russia
∗∗Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Ufa, Russia
The article briefly describes the construction of concreted pipes used in recent years in the construction of offshore
gas and oil pipelines. In the formulation of the problem of the stress-strain state of an underwater offshore oil
pipeline, the calculated section is conditionally divided into three parts: the middle blurred bare part and the
underground parts adjacent to it on the left and right. A brief description of the solution of the problem is given.
The results of calculations of the main characteristics of the stress-strain state of the underwater section of the
offshore oil pipeline are presented in the form of a diagram of the pipeline deflection and bending stresses, as well
as in tables through extreme values of deflection and bending stresses from span and support bending moments for
various values of operating parameters and soil conditions in adjacent underground parts. By analyzing the stress-
strain state of the calculated section of the offshore oil pipeline, the critical values of the operation parameters and
the corresponding critical values of the equivalent longitudinal axial force were determined.
Purpose: Numerical study of the stress-strain state of an underwater offshore oil pipeline, taking into account changes in ground conditions and operating parameters.
Solution methods: In the mathematical model, a concreted pipe, consisting of a steel pipe, an insulating layer and a concrete weight coating, is represented as a three-layer hollow tubular rod. In it, the stress-strain state of an underwater section of an offshore pipeline is described using a differential equation for longitudinal-transverse bending of a tubular rod in an elastic medium.
Results: A technique for joint integration of a differential equation is developed taking into account the boundary conditions. In it, the substitution of the obtained solutions of differential equations in finite analytical expressions into the boundary conditions leads to a system of linear algebraic equations. Computation programs for a computer were compiled, in which integration constants were found, diagrams of the main characteristics of the stress-strain state along the entire length of the calculated underwater section of the offshore oil pipeline were constructed. The tables present the extreme values of deflection in the middle of the span, as well as the values of bending stresses from span and support bending moments in the eroded bare part for two types of ground.
Conclusions: The possibility of emplacement of concreted pipes on the underwater section of the offshore oil pipeline, similar to gas pipelines at the Nord Stream 2 crossing through the Baidaratskaya Guba in Yamal, has been established by calculation. The influence of the length of the eroded bare part, operating parameters, weakening of soil stiffness due to their liquefaction in the underground parts on the ascent of concreted pipes in the underwater section of the offshore oil pipeline is revealed, and recommendations are given to identify the possible causes of its ascent. The critical values of the operating parameters and the corresponding value of the critical value of the equivalent longitudinal axial force are found depending on the length of the eroded bare part, the stiffness of the soil in the underground part. The description of the method of returning the oil pipeline to the design position is given. It has been calculated by calculation that the emptied oil pipeline, which is deformed together with the soil in the underground part, is in the design position and there are no prerequisites for its ascent.
- Ainbinder A.B., Kamershtwin A.G. [Calculation of main pipelines for strength and stability] Raschet magistrl’nyx truboprovodov na
prochnost’ i ustojchivost. M.: Nedra. 1982. 340 p. (in Russian).
- Bykov L.I., Mustafin F.M., Rafikov S.K. et al. [Typical calculations for the construction and repair of gas and oil pipelines] Tipovye raschety
pri sooruzhenii i remonte gozonefteprovodov. SPb.: Nedra. 2011. 748 p. (in Russian).
- Vasil’ev G.G., Goryainov Yu.A. Sakaganskij A.I. [Advantages and disadvantages of modern approaches to ballasting underwater crossings].
NGS [Oil& Gas of Siberia] 2012. No 1. Pp. 30–37 (in Russian).
- Dimov L.A. Bogushevskaya E.M. [Main pipelines in swamps and flooded areas] Magistral’nye truboprovody v usloviyax bolot i
obvodnennoj mestnosti. M.: Izdatel’stvo MGGU. 2010. 392 p. (in Russian).
- Korobkov G.E., Zaripov P.M., Shammazov I.A. [Numerical modeling of the stress-strain state and stability of pipelines and
tanks in complicated operating conditions] Chislennoe modelirovanie napyazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoyaniya i ustojchivosti
truboprovodov i rezervuarov v oslozhnennyx usloviyzx ekspluatacii. SPb.: Nedra. 2009. 409 p. (in Russian).
- Shammazov A.M., Zaripov R.M., Chichelov V.A., Korobkov G.E. [Calculation and ensuring the strength of pipelines in complex engineering
and geological conditions. Numerical simulation of the stress-strain state and stability of pipelines] Raschet i obespechenie prochnosti
truboprovodov v clozhnyx inzhenerno-geologicheskix usloviyax. Chislennoe modelirovanie napyazhenno-deformirivannogo sostoyzniz
i ustojchivosti truboprovodov. M.: Izdatel’stvo Inter. 2005. Vol. 1. 706 p. (in Russian).
- [36.13330.2012. A set of rules. Main pipelines. Updated version of the NRC] SP 36.13330.2012. Svod pravil. Magistral’nye truboprovody.
Aktualizirovannaya redakciya SNiP 2.05.06-85∗. M.: Gosstroj, FAU «FCS». 2013. 100 p. (in Russian).
- Ilgamov M.A., Shakiryanov M.M. Dynamic Equilibrium Positions of Bent Pipeline with Vibrating Supports // Doklady Physics. 2021. Vol. 66,
No. 2. Pp. 51–54.
DOI: 10.1134/S1028335821020026 Il’gamov M.A. Dynamics of a Pipeline under the Action of Internal Shock Pressure // Mechanics of Solids. 2017. Vol. 52, No. 6. P. 663–674.
- Lapteva T.I. The strength and stability of offshore pipelines in the presence of subaqueous permfrost on land landfall // Exposition
Oil& Gas. 2016. No 7 (53). Pp. 76–79 (in Russian).
- Mansurov M.N., Lapteva T.I., Kim S.D., Chumarin D.Kh., Kopaeva L.A. [Influence of soft soils on the stability of offshore pipelines] Oil&
Gaz Journal Russia. 2011. No 8. Pp. 60–63 (in Russian).
- Bolotin V.V., Novichkov Yu.N. [Mechanics of sandwich structures] Mexanika mnogoslojnyx konstrukcij. M.: Mashinostroenie. 1980. 376 p.
- Mansurov M.N., Lapteva T.I. [Problems of reliability and repair of offshore underwater pipelines for the transport of oil and gas during
the development of the continental shelf]. Territoria Neftegaz [Territory Neftegaz]. 2013. No 6. Pp. 72–80 (in Russian).
- [Rules for the classification and construction of subsea pipelines] Pravila klassifikacii i postroenie morskix podvodnyx truboprovodov.
ND No. 020301-005., ISBN 978-5-312-3. [Russian Maritime Register of Shipping] Rossijskij morskoj registr sudoxodstva. 2017. 171 p. (in